Friday, August 1, 2008

QR is so cool

Thanks again PSFK

Object hyperlinking is the practice of linking physical objects to online information. One common way to do this is through an interface called Qr code - which we spoke of last week. Qr code is a two dimensional bar code that when scanned with a compatible camera phone, will link to any URL on the web.

p8t.ch is now offering a geek fashion accessory they call the “Commando Nerd Patch”. It’s a Qr coded patch you can place anywhere as a way for people to access your website, or anything else on the web you would want to link to. Like a physical TinyURL p8t.ch links to your URL through their server.

This fictional conversation from the p8t.ch website will explain:

THEM: “Excuse me! Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.”
YOU: “Wonderful! Simply scan the p8tch on my shoulder.”
THEM: [scans the p8tch: BEEP!] “Thank you, I have just subscribed to your RSS feed in Google Reader.”

No comments: